CapSpecialty Internship Application
- - ALL
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Paid Internship including Paid Holidays and Sick time; Generous Company 401k Plan matching
Madison, WI / Hartford, CT
Looking to join an engaging and collaborative company that offers an in depth and extensive internship opportunity in a hybrid work environment? CapSpecialty® is seeking a business-focused Intern to gain experience working within various departments within our organization.
This paid, part time rotational internship with CapSpecialty will provide a unique opportunity to gain substantive work experience in the insurance industry while also enjoying individualized mentoring and exposure to corporate executives. This position offers Interns paid holiday time and a 5% Company matching 401k Plan. The internship normally is comprised of two half-year rotations and a summer immersion experience in one or more of the following departments: Underwriting, Claims, Information Technology, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Information Security, Compliance, and Employee Engagement. The spring and fall half-year rotations will allow interns to work a flexible weekly schedule of 16-24 hours that accommodates their coursework and other responsibilities. During the summer immersion experience, interns will be able to increase their weekly schedule to a maximum of 40 hours and focus on a specific department of interest. In addition to professional training and career counseling and support, interns will also receive a fixed amount of tuition assistance each semester from the Company. (Tuition assistance is only available to interns from Capital Community College and Madison College).
- Complete work assignments and contribute to team projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Participate in department-level and company-wide meetings and employee programs.
- Attend monthly luncheons and programming within CapSpecialty to learn about all areas of the insurance business and meet key business leaders across the organization
- Meet all other internship eligibility requirements established by the sponsoring community college
- Proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Suite office products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to think critically, work independently, and maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Active enrollment in a minimum of two classes per semester at Capital Community College in Hartford, Connecticut or Madison Area Technical College (Madison College) in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media