Underwriter or Senior Underwriter - D&O
- - UW - D&O
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med/Dental/Vision; Company Paid Life/STD/LTD; 401(k) Match; Hybrid, Flexible Work Environment; Open Vacation Plan & Add'l Generous Paid Time Off
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, hybrid, flexible work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty is looking for an ambitious underwriter or senior underwriter on its growing D&O team. The position requires a motivated individual who can be cross trained on multiple management liability platforms such as Public, Private, Not-For-Profit, and Healthcare D&O. The producer base which the underwriter will be responsible for is comprised of a nationwide group of the best wholesale brokers in the industry. Individual responsibility for various aspects of underwriting accounts within authority comprising all areas of the underwriting process.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years of insurance industry experience in a commercial underwriting role preferred.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (i.e. CIC, IIA, CPCU, RPLU) is preferred and encouraged.
Senior Underwriter Role:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of commercial underwriting experience working with Wholesale and/or Retail Brokers. Experience in assisting with the development of guidelines, forms, rates, and applications.
- Knowledge of insurance contracts, financial statements, risk management techniques, and State regulations.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certification (i.e. CIC, IIA, CPCU, RPLU) is preferred.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies as a subsidiary of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y).
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer