Underwriter - DragonX (Excess Casualty)
- - DragonX
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Med,Dent,Vision; Company Matching 401k; Co. Paid Life ins., STD, LTD; Open Vacation; Generous Sick and other paid leave; various bonus opportunities
UNDERWRITER – DragonX (Excess Casualty)
Hybrid - Middleton, WI or Hartford, CT
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick, maternity and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Various Bonus opportunities; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities with tuition reimbursement, hybrid, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused Underwriter to work with our DragonX Excess Casualty team. With an emphasis on providing quality service to our agents and brokers, in addition to underwriting responsibilities, this individual will be responsible for contributing to the continuous improvement of the automated underwriting rules and process.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of casualty commercial underwriting experience including experience with internal and broker facing underwriting portals.
- A strong emphasis on Excess Casualty Underwriting expertise with agent relationship business skills.
- Completion or continuing work towards Certification in CIC, IIA, CPCU, or other programs approved by leadership.
- Knowledge of primary and excess commercial casualty insurance products, insurance contracts, basic accounting, risk management techniques, and State regulations.
- Skill in communicating verbally and in writing; skilled in using the internet and multiple software programs.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly, work independently and efficiently, as well as work with others to analyze and problem solve.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer