- - IT - Applications
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including various bonus opportunities, a hybrid work environment, an innovative open vacation plan, generous paid leave policies, fully vested Company matching 401k, Company paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability policies, AND professional and educational growth opportunities?
CapSpecialty (Capitol Indemnity Corporation) seeks a Solution Architect in Hartford, CT.
- Provide solution and implement end-to-end IT capabilities for the Business and IT;
- Collaborate with System Owners, Developers, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Leads, and Infrastructure Leads to develop comprehensive and pragmatic solutions and implementations;
- Develop conceptual architecture documents and collaborate with other team members to ensure design buy-in from all stakeholders as part of the process;
- Follow the design from inception to implementation and collaborates to resolve issues as needed and ensures the design vision is met;
- Develop prototypes, best practices, and proof of concepts to showcase capabilities and options around technology to be used in future solutions as approved by the CIO; and
- Communicate with project manager, application leads, System Owners and other stakeholders to address or escalate risks and issues.
- Job may be performed remotely up to 2 days per week.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or a closely related field, or a foreign equivalent degree;
- Requires 8 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in software development/engineering (P&C insurance domain);
- Requires 8 years of experience in application development, infrastructure, or business analysis in insurance industry;
- Requires 3 years of experience in implementation with AWS or, in lieu of the 3 years of this experience, possession of Azure certificate;
- Requires 2 years of experience in:
- Software development with Java, NET, Node.js, or Python;
- Solution Architecture or Enterprise Architecture;
- Developing roadmaps and implementing strategies to achieve the future state;
- Software development for insurance industry; and
- Business process analysis and design.
- All required experience may have been gained concurrently.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Apply online at https://capspecialty.myexacthire.com/jobs/224947-36212.html
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media