Manager, Product Development
- - IT - Applications
- Nationwide, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Manager, Product Development
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including various bonus opportunities, a hybrd or remote flexible work environment, an innovative open vacation plan, generous paid leave policies, fully vested Company matching 401k, Company paid Life Insurance; Short and Long Term Disability policies, and professional and educational growth opportunities?
CapSpecialty (Capitol Indemnity Corporation) seeks a Manager, Product Development in Hartford, CT.
- Design and implement unique system solutions to various business needs using the Dragon Designer tool, the .NET platform, and any additional platforms needed;
- Demonstrate an understanding of object-orientated object modeling as well as understanding table structures in an Oracle database environment;
- Create technical documentation as needed in support of project and production support activities;
- Proactively identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve operational efficiencies, transparency, and security;
- Develop and build out offshore delivery capability, as needed, in support of strategic objectives;
- Conduct production support triage/resolution as needed;
- Manage code deployments across environments in support of release activities; and
- Mentor junior team members to improve the overall delivery capability (e.g. code quality and efficiency.
- Job may be performed from anywhere in the United States. Employee may reside anywhere in the United States.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a closely related field, or a foreign equivalent degree;
- Requires 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience as Software development/engineering (P&C insurance domain);
- Requires 5 years of experience in:
- Developing solutions for business problems and apply best practices;
- Leading other developers in the design, coding, and implementation of complex applications;
- Architecting and implementing complex solutions;
- Working on Policy Administration systems within the property and casualty (P&C) insurance domain;
- Developing and utilizing the OneShield platform and Java webservices;
- Working in a continuous integration/continuous deployment environment (CI/CD); and
- Working with Cloud hosted platforms.
- All required experience may have been gained concurrently.
CapSpecialty benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off and ten paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Immediate 5% 401(k) matching
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid extended sick leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Bonus opportunities
- Wellness program
- Support for personal and professional development
- Company outings
- Hybrid work environment, relaxed attire and so much more!
- The offered salary for this position is from $180,000.00 to $190,550.00 per year.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media