Senior Systems Engineer
- - IT - Infrastructure
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Senior Systems Engineer
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401(k), professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to provide enterprise design and planning, installation, configuration, documentation, training, and day-to-day support of IT services related to the operation, performance, security, and availability of data, application, and infrastructure-related systems. Builds servers, analyzes system performance, provides troubleshooting and root cause analysis, recommends adjustments, and prepares proposals for a variety of complex business application and network infrastructure functions. Ensures cost effective performance, high availability, security and reliability of network systems, business applications, and other services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and manage environments for network-based business applications. Ensure compliance with established policies and procedures when building and maintaining these environments. Work with the application teams to optimize stability and performance, analyze problems, recommend solutions, and implement improvements and document results
- Perform routine operational system management including administration, performance monitoring, backup/recovery, and problem resolution. Monitor systems for stability, availability, security, capacity, and performance. Analyze problems, recommend solutions, implement improvements, and document results.
- Ensure the consistent and effective application of the CapSpecialty Security Program and policies to all design, implementation, and management tasks. Responsible for appropriate escalation and handling of security incidents per all applicable policies.
Education / Experience & Essential Skills:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 years of systems administration and network engineering experience
- 3 years in an enterprise environment supporting business-critical applications in a mixed operating system environment.
- Experience configuring network components and servers supporting web-based and cloud-based applications, enterprise databases, and other network resources.
- Specific experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware, Citrix, IIS, Office365, Exchange, cloud-based compute and storage, security/protection software, monitoring systems, network management systems, Oracle, and SQL databases
- Excellent communication skills, including detailed documentation skills, ensuring that consistent, effective and respectful written and verbal communication is utilized while working for CapSpecialty.
- The ability to work well within a team or individually to deliver projects or tasks on time and within budget.
- Flexibility with work hours will be required including the potential of working early, late evenings and/or weekends.
- Position requires employee to be part of a 24x7 on call rotation to ensure CapSpecialty's environment is functioning at acceptable levels.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer