- - UW - Construction Liability
- Walnut Creek, CA, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
NY / IL / CA / GA
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan, fully vested matching 401k, professional and educational growth opportunities, bonus opportunties, hybrid work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty® is seeking an experienced, business-focused commercial liability underwriter to join our Construction Underwriting team. In addition to underwriting, building and nurturing a book of casualty brokerage business with a dedicated wholesale distribution force, the Construction Underwriter provides underwriting analysis and superior customer service to the Specialty Casualty brokerage team. The risks and exposures he/she evaluates require complex critical thinking approaches to address differing circumstances. The Construction Underwriter demonstrates underwriting skills and the ability to develop a knowledge of appetite, rates, forms, pricing structures, terms and conditions.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- 2+ years of casualty underwriting experience, construction focus preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of excess surplus insurance on a nationwide basis a must.
- Completed or continuing work towards industry certification (RPLU, CIC, CPCU, etc.) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal and external resources at all levels.
- Completion or continuing work towards industry certifications (CPCU, CRIS, etc.) preferred.
- General familiarity with ISO Commercial General Liability and XS Liability policy forms and endorsements, particularly for the construction industry. Experience underwriting residential and commercial contractors and construction risks in the middle market space is preferred. Familiarity with the construction trades, project policies, and owner's interest policies a plus.
- Working knowledge of ISO GL rating and general loss rating.
- Preferred candidate will have relationships within the wholesale marketplace.
- Ability to develop familiarity with a wide variety of businesses and organizations, the services they provide, as well as the regulatory, legislative, legal and economic factors that affect them.
- Must be skilled in using personal computers, the internet and multiple software programs. Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer