Assistant Underwriter - (HYBRID)
- - Special Risks
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Assistant Underwriter– Special Risks
Hartford, CT or Middleton, WI – HYBRID WORK ENVIRONMENT
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, hybrid, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a dynamic, versatile individual to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the underwriting process including gathering, screening, analyzing, and evaluating information on new and existing accounts. Responsibilities also include making underwriting decisions within the letter of authority and recommending accounts outside of authority and also providing superior customer service to brokers.
Education & Experience:
- Associates degree, or equivalent
- 1-2 years of industry experience in an underwriting or underwriting support role preferred
- Completion of or continuing work towards industry certification is encouraged
- Demonstrate initiative, ability to think outside the box and a willingness to challenge conventional thinking.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good multitasking and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of basic industry concepts.
- Technically competent in all standard business software applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer