- - Actuarial
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty seeks a dynamic, versatile Actuary to add to its experienced, team-oriented staff. This individual will be responsible for providing actuarial and analytic services to the organization, ensuring the business has the information and tools necessary to make informed decisions that maximize the profitability of the portfolio. This includes supporting the pursuit of new opportunities by developing appropriate rating plans and tools, maintaining, and enhancing the rating for existing products, and monitoring the health of the portfolio through collaboration with Underwriting, Claims, and other functional areas of the Company.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent.
- ACAS/FCAS or equivalent actuarial experience in the insurance industry, including data analysis experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills in interpretation of numbers.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing work conditions and expectations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including a high standard in Excel. Exposure to programming in software such as R, SAS or Python preferred.
- Understanding of databases and data structures and their use in reporting and analysis.
- Self-starter with the ability and desire to discover problems and implement solutions.
- Able to follow tasks through to their completion and to monitor progress once implemented, ensuring processes followed correctly.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media