Business Intelligence Analyst
- - IT - Business Intelligence
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Business Intelligence Analyst
Hartford, CT/Middleton, WI
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
The Business Intelligence Analyst supports end-to-end data management across the CapSpecialty ecosystem. In addition, the Business Analyst partners with various business and IT stakeholders to deliver new solutions as well as maintain the existing business intelligence solutions. This role will work to proactively identify issues and gaps in our data assets and/or data environment and work to find solutions to fix the root cause. This will also include working with business and IT stakeholders to help them articulate issues and turn reported issues into concise development requirements to close the issue/gap. This role will strive, with the rest of the data team, to make sure the business intelligence solutions are prioritized, built, tested, and deployed in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a technical data liaison between business users, systems, and analytical teams
- Assist in the planning and development of a requirements attainment strategy for new business intelligence projects. Engage business and IT stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- Develop BI use cases, requirements, POCs, as needed to meet business intelligence needs across the organization.
- Design, develop, and maintain complex SQL queries and support ad-hoc requests for the creation of BI reports and dashboards.
- Collaboration with IT and other business teams on Business Intelligence solutions to review and test solutions to ensure effective implementation.
- Responsible for providing production support triage as needed, coordinating/validating changes within the data environment.
- Support and maintain current Business Intelligence tools and solutions.
- Build and expand business intelligence skill set. As new processes and/or tools are introduced into the data environment, work to learn new technologies and methodologies to enable support. Work to understand tools and processes across the entire data pipeline, enabling the identification of root causes across any step in the data pipeline.
- Assist with the development of test strategies, writing and executing functional test cases, developing test execution plans, assessing defect severity, providing a status of testing activities and driving defects/issues to resolution.
- Improve business acumen as it pertains to the insurance industry and/or develop functional domain expertise within BI related disciplines (e.g., database design, report/dashboard design, statistical modeling, etc.).
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc.), or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in data and reporting-related roles in an insurance or financial industry setting
- Demonstrates success working with data discovery, analytics, visualization, and business intelligence tools such as SSRS, PowerBI, BusinessObjects, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database theory, data warehousing concepts, terminology and architecture, and SQL (creating tables, views, stored procedures, indexes, etc.)
- Experience analyzing and interpreting information from multiple sources, resolving conflicts, and reconciling user requests with system functionality and business needs
- Basic level proficiency with query performance tuning
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media