Oracle Database Administrator
- - IT - Infrastructure
- Middleton, WI, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision,Open Vacation Plan; Matching 401(k); Co. Paid Life Ins, STD, LTD; Generous Paid Sick & Family Bonding Leave; Tuition & Educational Reimbursements
Oracle Database Administrator
(Local Residents Only)
Want to join an exciting and collaborative company that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages – including an innovative open vacation plan; generous paid sick and family bonding leave; fully vested matching 401k; Company Paid Life Insurance, Short Term & Long Term Disability plans; professional and educational growth opportunities, flexible and casual work environment, and recognition for exceptional performance?
CapSpecialty is seeking a hands-on Oracle Database Administrator to serve as the principal point of contact for operational/technical support with respect to the database administration of both our primary platform, Oracle and our secondary platform, Microsoft SQL server. In addition to being responsible for maintaining our database(s) and applications, this person will also help define, establish, and oversee a small team of contracted DBA's to assist with providing database management and support.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oracle database tuning, performance monitoring, maintenance, patching, upgrades, backups and restores.
- Ensures database connectivity from applications and devices is optimal, reliable, and free or errors.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve and determine root cause when database problems or performance issues arise.
- Manage and monitor databases; create reports and scripts as needed.
- Assist with user support as needed.
- Maintain availability after hours and occasionally work nights/weekends to perform database operations and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical expert in database administration and related systems/services.
- Provide leadership, tactical and strategic planning as it relates to database architecture, data management, expense reduction, capacity, business continuity, disaster recovery and related topics.
- Oversee, coordinate, and perform the implementations, of projects and work requests involving database administration.
- Manage vendors, including assignment of tasks and oversight of staff augmentation resources.
- Identify and implement process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Provisioning and deprovisioning of database user and service accounts.
- Ensure the security of all database platforms, plan and apply patches/upgrades, adhere to all policies and procedures, support audit requirements, and follow leading practices.
- Continuously learn new technologies and recommend enhancements/solutions.
Education, Experience & Essential Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of database administration and architecture experience in an enterprise environment required.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Oracle version 19x software and utilities required.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server software and utilities desired or the willingness and ability to quickly learn.
- Experience building, maintaining, securing and backing up databases across multiple platforms.
- Proven experience configuring and optimizing database solutions.
- Experience providing enterprise application and database operational support.
- Experience as a team lead with the ability to breakdown projects/service requests into distinct tasks, assign work, and foster a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of high-level programming languages (SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL).
- Ability to script repetitive tasks, especially with PowerShell, is highly desirable.
- Experience with database administration in cloud environments is desirable.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance and bonds for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering commercial Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company – Berkshire Hathaway companies. For more information please visit CapSpecialty.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media